Saturday, November 20, 2010

Poetically Speaking: Uniting Illusion by @Ai808

Uniting Illusion


by Anani Inaru


ive been perched on this plastic branch

drinking from your plastic container of freedom

nibbling from your barely alive collection of love


when I arrived you raved about my song...

brought over guests to stare at me...

now my chirps annoy you and the flapping of my clipped wings

reminds you of the freedom you do not have...

of the places you've never gone...

the dreams you have chosen to fold away with childhood
you despise me for all the same reasons you yearned for me with...

I remind you of what you are not

you remind me of where I am not



we remind each other of our desperate existence...

In your depression you swoon over my cage telling me how lucky I am

to be:

so beautiful

free

exotic



In my confusion

I envy the outside of my cage

which seems like freedom

but really, it's only the inside of your cage

perception is our uniting illusion.



as I sing

you cry and we both

chase freedoms

waiting for something to change...

I watch the bars rust

your soul

my voice
our uniting illusion


we chase freedom

to only realize we belong to everything

I belong to the air I breathe...

to the song I sing...

to your heart...

to our light...

together

united

in this illusion

things become real...


real hard to believe in...

at the border of my faith...

setting myself free from the need to be released

I find happiness in my bondage to you

to this life

I search for purpose

to these times

play the role...finding my place...

I remind you of freedom...

you remind me of servitude


in our uniting illusion


"We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we truly give." - Khalil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment