Wednesday, May 6, 2020

POETIC FLAME OF THE DAY- TIRED

Eyes filled with disdain, hate is the venom that flows like Ice through your veins. Fists and nightsticks ready to inflict pain, hide behind that badge can't stand on your own. Heart black as an onyx stone. Hate personified from the top of your head to the marrow of your bone.

See, not much has changed in my reality, far too many fatalities due to police brutality. Traded in your horse and whip for the ride with blue siren on top loaded with automatic weapons and extra clips. Waiting for me to slip so you can trip; any excuse is better than none. You scream self defense even though you're the only one with the gun.

In this little shop of horrors we aint promised no tomorrows. A brotha begs and borrows while drowning in the quicksand of his own sorrows. Tired of the disrespect, tired of trying to keep your foot off of my neck. From where I sit I'm just tired of all your S#** I don't know, maybe just maybe its time to get this revolution on and poppin' so we can get this over with.

Tired of physical and psychological emasculation, tired of blatant miseducation and unnecessary inarceration. Slavery, I was told that they signed the proclamation, butI guess it was a declaration of fabrication based on this nations infatuation with power and domination.Oh yeah and about reparations, we'll have to pick that up in another conversation.

I've come to the end of my poetic dissertation on the violent acts against our black nation. The names have changed but the game is still the same. No time to turn the othe cheek as the life's blood from our bodies continue to leak. No more lessons, time for you to feel my prescence. Even if I lose my life and get sent back to the essence, I'm telling you for the last time...I'M TIRED!

A-Skillz
Cipher Publishing
2020

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Qasim. Happy to see you writing. Keepem comin..
    #Wordsmith

    ReplyDelete