Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Love Joint - Nothing Like This

Nothing Like This

My mind searches the recesses of my being to try to see if it can find any type of memory, any type of residual recollections, any latent lingering thought to help me to understand just what this is. Numerous thoughts bombard my synapses like a Google search with references of songs and quotes to describe it, but they all fall a little short of the mark because none of them apply to me.

See, I’m not one to live vicariously through the experiences of another, but fate is not allowing there to be a choice in the matter and even though I want to run and scatter I feel like I’m stuck like chuck and I would not benefit if I ran so I guess I have to stick around and grant fates wish because I need to know.

To know is a molecular acknowledgement of not just the mind but every cell within the human structure. My heart continues to pump the feelings of joy and fulfillment throughout the blood vessels of my body, so much so it feels like it may cause a rupture. Without permission my body succumbs, then falls into submission to the sense of completion that envelopes me in a state of peace that passes anything I know to be understanding.

Still I search for some clarity but all it does is bring about even more disparity between what I feel and what I know. There is nothing that I’ve done, nowhere that I’ve been that could have prepared me for the pure unadulterated, untouched and untainted love that has invaded my space. No signs of forced entry, no kicking the door down even though it’s here with no trace. And yet, I find myself baffled how it got here in the first place.

Maybe it’s not meant to try and understand, just know that it is. Maybe I just need to chill back and let nature do it is biz. Besides, it seems I’m powerless to do anything about it so I accept my fate because I know this is love and I know for sure I wouldn’t want to do without it.

Conscious Elements
Cipha Publishing © 2k10

No comments:

Post a Comment