Sunday, May 29, 2011

Prolific Poetics Guest Blog: "Black Love" by jay_poetry_21

Black Love

Do not cast me off on your ancestors like a shadow in the night never to been or spoke of
For in the light I am constant, endearing and beautiful like the flight of the purest doveI have been confined in the 4 walls of hatred, resentment, impostors and lies
My truth and purity is still alive no matter how hard pain triesI was there that day the small town business became major

The support and faith that kept pushing it on was birthed in the words "I do" and "ill love you forever more"
A story rarely told but often seen with eyes of ignorance
Mistaken as just ordinary love I am much more by second glance I am black love
When my man is weary and sore to the mental touch as his mind can bare no more burdens I give him rest I openly and graciously give him nourishment for his body, soul and mind
His knowledge allows me insight into realms I did not define before I linked my soul to him
My children born from my womb and those who were not calm by my touch and plant seeds of love from my nurturing
I am black love the woman the mother of all nurture my children elevate to greatness when I do and my children too perish when my efforts do
I am black love the man the head of all of creation the nation steps according to my own foot prints in fear of me they set to destroy me but my womans love is a shield and my child a continuation of my legacy

I am royalty, I am the first to kiss the earths core and I will be the last to cultivate her land

Embrace me, uplift me, innerstand me and help me to strive on and I will enrich your life like nothing before I am black love..

No comments:

Post a Comment