Monday, July 25, 2011

Conscious Poetics "Destiny" by Consciouskillz


Destiny

 Reflections become a collection of memories that allow me the chance to look back, retrace and come to grips with the fact that my whole life has been spent trying to find you. Many days were spent searching different places, replacing one too many faces that over time became a collage of failure.

I allowed the tastes, the influences of others to taint not only my eyesight but my spiritual navigation system. See, I had this package constructed in my mind, café au lait a nice set of breasts and a banging behind. I couldn’t see the goodness in a sista due to the eclipse of my third eye. All I knew was I was trying to reach the heart of a sista by tunneling through her jewelry box of pleasure.

And pleasure was given and granted; often left me standing up crooked, gasping for air and panting. But even that wasn’t enough. Trying to seek completion through the insatiable appetite of a one eyed dude, who had no sense of direction, had no course of action. Who’s only recourse was to find the next place to rest only to find that rest would never come.

Lying and selling false dreams became my mantra, my primary form of communication. Self deception became my drug of choice because in order for you to believe what I said I had to test the dope and make sure it was right before I could sell it to you. Then one day it all came to a crashing halt. The need to find you died because the need to rescue myself became self evident.

Thing is, the day I stopped looking you appeared and I had no idea it was you. Couldn’t deny the attraction, but didn’t want to go down the path that would lead me to distraction. But something began to happen that even I couldn’t have expected. Anticipation began to take hold and I longed for those brief moments that we began to share to become more frequent.

Had no idea that our souls had began a conversation that neither one of us could understand or speak and it was at that time that I realized what I had been chasing was suddenly in my face and as if the stars and planets suddenly aligned I was suddenly filled with clarity of thought and mind and the realization it was really you.



Your love has become music that provides the soundtrack to my life. We dance to the syncopated beat of two hearts that have found the ability to beat in unison. Our pace, our rhythm is divinely constructed and intertwined with the unbreakable strands love, passion and respect. No one can come between this but us, however because this is our destiny I don’t think even we could mess it up. Destiny



Conscious Elements
Cipha Publishing 2k10

 Dedicated to TT.



2 comments:

  1. RAspectfully expressed my brother! I can definitely relate to that entire piece. This is how true LOVE STORIES occur for the righteous at heart and mind. Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Know I Love This!!Sincerely expressed and heart felt. Very Righteous.

    ReplyDelete