Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Blog Post "Advice, Opinions, Schools of Thought"

Advice, opinions, schools of thought. Daily we are inundated with the ideals, concepts, principles of so many different ways of thinking that we often become convuluted in our own. Reason being is because we are not firm within our own way of life that when something that comes along that is either the complete opposite and something that we see is missing within self it often shakes us. I for one am not an advocate of compulsive methods when it comes to share the things that have been made known to me.

I have learned that as many people as there are on the planet, there are just that many different ways to see the same exact thing. From my own experience, I've been so locked and loaded within one way of seeing or living within something that it made it possible to embrace a more universal way of dealing with it. I've judged, I've been closed minded and stubborn even in the face of information that I knew was right and exact. All because what I was holding onto was more comfortable and fit my emotional and mental disposition.

My efforts to move away from that have been both fruitful and fruitless. Sometimes what is I just have to let be. This is a lesson that I am relearning because evidently I haven't gotten yet. However the one lesson that I have learned my view of being an aware or conscious individual has less to do with the books I read, conversations that I have. It's more to do with being aware who and am and who I am not. Being aware of my weakness and strengths, my abilities and my flaws. Being aware of my responsibility to myself and those around me. That's where it is for me. Awareness is not restricted to color, class or gender. It's a concept that actually transcends most of what we think of feel.

Being aware of the universe, the nature that exists within it and your relationship to that is like the supreme awareness because if one can understand that then he/she knows how to govern or act within just about any and every situation. So don't beat down another about their opinion or the advice they share with another. They are speaking from their own experience and really that's all we have to go on, even if it is not palatable to you. Peace

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Exactly what I'm going through right now. I'm glad you wrote all this out for me to really put it into perspective Lol. I really have to work through holding on to what's comfortable rather than what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the honesty you shared about how at times you are not always full cconscious all the time. That type honesty is missing from our "so righteous" society. That is a true measure of the growth within you. You delivered a SIMPLE message for a complicated life we choose to live. I grateful for your experience and your willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete