Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Truth, Reality...Sometimes You Just Can't Ignore It @consciousskillz

Life often sends reminders to bring to our attention the things that may need our utmost attention. Life is an evolutionary cycle in which change is ever present, always doing what it does. Truth, reality and it's perception of those things are often rooted in so many different things, like background, upbringing, religious or non religious affiliations.

How they are seen and pontificating about who is seeing it the right way and things like that are so crazy to me.Is how I perceive truth, how I perceive my reality any less meaningful then the next persons? Can I really in good sense sit and debate with another about their experiences and at the the same tell them they are wrong for seeing it that way? Unfortunately compulsion or lack of tolerance is so much of a part of sharing information, concepts and ideas that people will literally want to harm you if you don't agree with them.

However there is another aspect of dealing with truth and or reality that is not spoken about that much and that is how we deal with or cope with these principles. I've often said that "Avoidance of a thing will never aid in it's disappearance" because at some time we will have to deal with the things that are placed in front of us. However, what I've always marveled at was the way the brain assisted us in the handling of these situations. The brain is such a brilliant piece of equipment that it has the ability to sense when and where we have the ability and the capacity to deal with things and if not it will protect you from the full reality of what it is that we're facing.

Coping mechanisms,in my opinion aid and assist us and help get us from one place to another, but when those things that are calling out for you to resolve, change, get rid of sometimes the initial response is denial. However even with denial that can only last but so long. Work situations, family relationships, love, it doesn't matter, "If nothing changes, nothing changes." For me, the uncomfortability of staying still and sitting in a place or living within a reality that no longer suits me propels me to not only look at the situation but doing something. There are things within my reality right now that need my immediate attention, and decision. Can't run from it, dodge it make believe it doesn't exist because is not going to help. Yeah, life has a way of showing up and showing us that until we see things in a more conducive light, or stop ducking our reality then they will continue to repeat and replay themselves in our lives. Don't know about you but I don't like reliving the same thing over and over. My life is not "Groundhog's Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment